EHG2308 8-Port Unmanaged Gigabit Ethernet Switch, metal housing
- 8 x 10/100/1000BaseT(X) RJ45 ports
- 10/100/1000M Full/Half-Duplex, MDI/MDI-X auto-detection
- Broadcast storm protection
- Support IEEE 802.3/ 802.3u/ 802.3x
- Profinet Packet Prioritization according to 802.1p
- Redundant DC power inputs
- Operating temperature ranges from -10~70˚C
- Rugged high-strength housing
- DIN-Rail or wall mounting ability
The ATOP EHG2308 is a 8 Gigabit ports unmanaged Ethernet switch that is designed to work in the industrial environment, such as in hazardous locations that comply with CE, FCC, UL, IP50 and RoHS standards. The ATOP EHG2308 protects itself from receiving too many broadcast packets. During normal use, broadcast packets will be forwarded to all ports except the source port.
However, it will discard broadcast or multicast packets if the number of those packets exceeds a threshold in a preset period of time. When the preset period expires (about 800ms), it will then resume receiving broadcast or multicast packets until the threshold is reached again. The EHG2308 provides two redundant power inputs that can be connected simultaneously to wide-range DC power sources. If one of the power inputs fail, the other live source can act as a backup to automatically provide power to the EHG2308.
This switch also embeds an Packet Prioritization feature that is advanced for unmanaged switches. The EHG2308 is able to read the QoS field inside the VLAN tag of the packet, prioritizing those that are important to reach the end device first, even during network congestion. This is vital in Industrial Automation applications that are, for example Profinet Based.