MSM-508 8-port Industrial Ethernet Layer 2 Managed Switch
• Each port supports both 10/100 Mbps speed auto negotiation
• Supports wide operating temperature -40 °C ~ +75 °C
• Full duplex IEEE 802.3x and half duplex back-pressure flow control
• 3.2 Gbps high performance memory bandwidth
• Redundant Dual Power Inputs +12 VDC ~ +48 VDC
• Power failure alarm by relay output
• Frame buffer memory: 1 Mbit
• 2048 MAC addresses
• Store-and-forward architecture
• DIN-Rail Mounting or Wall Mounting
• Modbus remote monitoring
• Supports Modbus OPC Server
• Built-in Cyber-Ring redundant technique
The ICP DAS MSM-508 is an 8-port Industrial Ethernet (10/100 Base-TX) Layer 2 Managed Switch. The ICP DAS MSM-508 supports 10/100M auto negotiation feature and auto MDI/MDI-X function. It can automatically switch the transmission speed (10 Mbps or 100 Mbps) for corresponding connections. The shielded RJ-45 connectors offer a high reliability Ethernet environment for industrial control and automation.
It can be managed through RS-232 port via serial console or Ethernet port using telnet or Web browser. In addition, the switch supports a lot of powerful managed functions, such as 802.1Q Tag-based VLAN, Portbased VLAN, 802.1p QoS (Quality of Service), Port Trunking, Spanning Tree, Cable Testing and Port Mirroring. Built-in ICP DAS Cyber-Ring technique that enable multiple switches to be placed into a redundant ring. Typically the switch detects and recovers from a copper link failure within approximately 20 ms – for the majority of applications a seamless process. Modbus/TCP, Modbus/RTU and OPC supported, SCADA application can monitor status of Ethernet port with Modbus or OPC protocol.
The ICP DAS MSM-508 provides two power inputs that can be connected simultaneously to live DC power sources. If one of the power inputs fails, the other live source acts as a backup to automatically support the it’s power needs. The relay output feature can deliver warning signal during power or network link failure.