IPC-E2108S Industrial 8-port RS-422/485 with Surge PCI-Express Serial Card
- Expands 8 RS-422/485 serial ports with communication speeds up to 921.6Kbps
- 2KV surge protection for all serial signals meets IEC-61000-4-5 Level 3
- High reliability SUN1999 16C950 compatible UART controller on-board
- Compliance with PCI Express 1.0a BUS specifications
- RS-422/485 auto detect and switching technology – jumper and software free
- AHDC/CS™ technology for collision free communication
- Ultra low power consumption design for Green Environment
- Built-in 15KV ESD protection for all serial signals meets IEC1000-4-2
- Plug-n-Play, I/O address and IRQ assigned by BIOS
- Certified by CE, FCC, RoHS, and Microsoft WHQL approval
- Support Microsoft Windows, Linux, and DOS
The SUNIX IPC-E2108S is an Industrial 8-port RS-422/485 with Surge PCI-Express Serial Card that allow users to expand eight RS-422/485 ports on Industrial PC-based system. Each serial port achieves data rates up to 921.6 Kbps and utilizes 16C950 UART with an on-chip 128-bytes hardware FIFO buffer for reliable, high-speed serial I/O. With SUNIX patented Auto-Switching RS-422/485 and RS-485 AHDC™ technology, user can easily manage different serial interfaces selection and RS-485 signal direction control. Under RS-485 mode, the board can connect up to 31 daisy-chained RS-485 devices within a range of 1.2 km.
The SUNIX serial board supports a wide variety of operating systems, including Windows, Linux, DOS, and UNIX. It is the best serial communicating solution for industrial and harsh environment applications.