I-7540D-MTCP-G CAN to Ethernet/ Modbus Converter
- 80186-80 Embedded CPU, or compatible
- Ethernet Protocols, TCP,UDP,IP,ICMP,ARP
- COM driver support interrupt & 1K QUEUE Input & Output buffer
- Provide 200 CAN frames buffer in CAN to Modbus Mode
- NXP 82C 250 CAN Transceiver
- Support both CAN specification 2.0A and 2.0B
- Max transmission speed up to 1M bps for CAN and 115.2kbps for RS-232 & RS-485
- Max transmission distance of CAN over 1000m (follow CAN specification)
- 7-segment LED display to Module IP, RS-232 baud rate, CAN configuration…
- Software configurable CAN and RS-232 communication parameters
- Firmware updated from COM1 or Ethernet port
- Support Web Configuration
- Support maximum 24 Ethernet clients connection
- Support function code 0x03/0x04/0x10 of Modbus TCP/RTU command for reading and writing CAN message
- Provide the transparent communication between the CAN devices via Ethernet
- Support 30 specific CAN IDs in the Modbus TCP/RTU mode
The ICP DAS I-7540D-MTCP is helpful for data exchanging between the Modbus devices and CAN devices. I-7540D-MTCP is a Modbus TCP server and acts as slave device in Modbus RTU network. It supports four communication modes: Modbus TCP, Modbus RTU, CAN-Ethernet Convert and Pair connection.
The major function of the I-7540D-MTCP is CAN to Modbus TCP/RTU gateway. It allows Modbus TCP/RTU device to communicate with CAN device on a CAN network. The ICP DAS I-7540D-MTCP supports the function codes 0x03/0x04/0x10 of Modbus TCP/RTU for reading and writing CAN messages.
Furthermore, The device supports a transparent, protocol-independent transfer of the CAN messages, thus allowing its implementation into a wide range of possible applications. Furthermore, the CAN-Modbus Converter can be used with various higher layer CAN protocols (e.g. CANopen, DeviceNet or other proprietary protocols). The following figure shows the application architecture for CAN-Modbus Converter.