GW-7433D Modbus TCP server/RTU slave to CANopen Master Gateway
- Follow the CiA CANopen Standard DS-301 v4.02
- Support Modbus RTU for COM1(RS-232) and COM2(RS-485)
- Support up to 10 CANopen slave devices
- Allow Max 5 Modbus TCP clients to access GW-7433D simultaneously
- Provide listen mode. The function can let the GW-7433D monitor the CANopen slave data without bothering the CANopen network
- Support Node Guarding and Heartbeat Consumer protocol
- Support more than 120 CANopen SDO/PDO commands
- Support 4 data types: Boolean、Byte、Word、Double Word (4-byte)
- Provide the cyclic mode and command mode for RxPDO
- Provide the CANopen disconnection detection
- On-line add/remove CANopen slaves
- Allow to get the CAN status by Modbus commands
- Allow to get the communication states of the CANopen slave and GW-7433D by Modbus commands
- Allow to reset CANopen slaves by Modbus commands
- Support 3072 DI channels, 3072 DO channels, 640 AI channels, and 640 AO channels
Nowadays, the Ethernet protocol becomes a kind of standard for local area network. Via Internet, connectivity is occurring everywhere, from home appliances to vending machines, to testing equipment, to UPS etc. Using Ethernet for network in industrial area is appealing because the required cabling is already installed.
The ICP DAS GW-7433D is a solution that provides a communication transformation between CANopen protocol and Modbus/TCP & RTU protocol. It solves a mission-critical problem, and connecting an existed CANopen network with Ethernet-base master device as long as this master device supports Modbus/TCP protocol. It enables CANopen networks to be coupled together with the Internet/Ethernet, whereby remote monitoring and controlling is achieved.
For CANopen network, the ICP DAS GW-7433D is a CANopen master device. It supports PDO and SDO functions to communicate with slave devices. From the view of Modbus TCP & RTU network, GW-7433D plays a Modbus TCP server or Modbus RTU slave role. It can receive the commands from Modbus TCP client or Modbus RTU master, and process the commands to reply or send the related CANopen data. We provide utility software for users to configure the parameters of CANopen slaves to GW-7433D. When GW-7433D boots up, it will collect the necessary information from all slaves which are predefined in the ICP DAS GW-7433D by using utility. The following figure shows the application architecture for the GW-7433D.