SE5202-DB 2-Port Serial Device Server, EMC protection, RS-232/422/485 with DB9(M)
- 2 x software-selectable RS-232/485/422 port
- 1 x 10/100Mbps RJ45 Fast Ethernet port
- Supports TCP server/client, UDP, Virtual COM & Tunneling modes
- Configuration via Web Server page, Telnet Console & Windows Utility
- Upgradable firmware via Ethernet from a remote-PC
- Operating Temperature Range: -40 ~ +70°C
- Redundant dual DC power inputs for non-stop operation
- Rugged metal casing; Industrial EMC protection
- Optional DIN-Rail mounting
Despite Ethernet having become the new backbone standard of Industrial Automation, Serial devices still remain highly relevant today, with numerous devices installed on sites worldwide. So with the ATOP SE5202 Series, you can transform any serial device into an Ethernet-capable one, allowing you to control and monitor your legacy serial devices via your LAN or WAN – or even over the internet.
With such connectivity, the amount of time required to configure or troubleshoot a serial device located on a factory floor or in a remote location is eliminated. And with such Ethernet-based connectivity, serial devices can be integrated into modern practices such as Industry 4.0 and IIoT, allowing you to extend their lifetime and avoid wholesale device upgrades in the near future.
Featuring 2 x software-selectable Serial Port and 1 x RJ45 Port or SFP Slot, the ATOP SE5202 Series is a simple-to-install device, with easy configurations options such as Telnet, Web browser, or other Windows utilities. And using the VirtualCOM software, Windows-based applications can access serial devices by mapping the virtual com ports to the ATOP SE5202 serial server series.
Encased in a rugged metal housing offering high EMC protection, the ATOP SE5202 Series is ideal for industrial and manufacturing automation applications, such as PLCs, HMIs, Barcode Scanners, Data Terminals, Electronic Kanbans, Shop Floor Control Systems, and Pick-to-Light Systems.