tGW-725i Tiny Modbus/TCP to RTU/ASCII Gateway with PoE & 2 Isolated RS-485 ports
- Supports Modbus TCP/UDP master & slave
- Supports Modbus RTU/ASCII master & slave
- Max. TCP connections (masters) per serial port: 32
- Supports pair-connection (serial-bridge, serial-tunnel) applications
- Supports UDP responder for device discovery (UDP Search)
- Static IP or DHCP network configuration
- Built-in Web Server (HTTP)
- Contains a 32-bit MCU that efficiently handles network traffic
- Includes redundant power inputs: PoE (IEEE 802.3af, Class 1) & DC supply
The ICP DAS tGW-700 is a Modbus TCP to RTU/ASCII gateway that enables a Modbus/TCP host to communicate with serial Modbus RTU/ASCII devices through an Ethernet network, and eliminates the cable length limitation of legacy serial communication devices. The module can be used to create a pair-connection application (as well as serial-bridge or serial-tunnel application), and can then route data over TCP/IP between two serial Modbus RTU/ASCII devices, which is useful when connecting mainframe computers, servers or other serial devices that use Modbus RTU/ASCII protocols and do not themselves have Ethernet capability.
The ICP DAS tGW-725i is a tiny Modbus/TCP to RTU/ASCII Gateway with PoE and 2 isolated RS-485 ports.
With 2 Ethernet ports, the tGW-700 allows daisy chain connection which permits the flexibility in locating devices, eases installation and lowers infrastructure costs. The ICP DAS tGW-700 modules offers true IEEE 802.3af-compliant (classification, Class 1) Power over Ethernet (PoE) functionality using a standard category 5 Ethernet cable to receive power from a PoE switch such as the ICP DAS NS-205PSE. If there is no PoE switch on site, the module will also accept power input from a DC Terminal Block.