I-9120 1-port CAN Programmable Module
- Support WP-9000-CE7、XP-9000-WES7、LP-9000、LX-9000
- Allow user to program user-defined firmware in I-9120
CAN Port Features
- 2500 Vrms photo-isolation protection on CAN side
- Compatible with CAN specification 2.0 parts A and B
- Provide default baud rate: 10k, 20k, 50k, 125k, 250k, 500k, 800 k, 1 M bps
- Allow user-defined baud rate
- Cyclic transmission precision: ±0.5ms precision when cyclic time is below 10ms , ±1% error when cyclic time exceeds 10ms
- Provide 5 sets of cyclic transmission
Software Utility Features
- Utility tool for downloading user-defined firmware and updating default firmware
- Provide VC6, VC++ 2005, C#.net 2005, VB.net 2005 demos and library
The CAN (Controller Area Network) is a serial communication bus especially suited to interconnect smart devices to build smart systems or sub-system. It efficiently supports distributed real-time control with high level security. In CAN networks, there is no addressing of subscribers or stations in the conventional sense, but instead prioritized messages are transmitted. As standalone CAN controller, I-9120 with 9000 series PAC (Programmable Automation Controller) represents a cost-effective CAN solution. It has one CAN communication port with 5-pin screw terminal connector, which can be used in a wide range of CAN applications. I-9120 provides CAN 2.0A and 2.0B specific, 10kbps to 1Mbps CAN baud rate, re-transmission function, bus arbitration and error detection.
Combining the benefits of 9000 series PAC which can be operated without increasing the CPU loading heavily, it could be a powerful multi CAN port programmable device server by driving the program in the 186 CPU of ICP DAS I-9120. It can also communicate with other communication interface, such as RS-232/RS-485/Ethernet ports and functions as a programmable device server. Therefore, users can design a variety of applications between different communication protocols.