I-7530A-MR-G Modbus RTU to CAN Converter
• Compatible with CAN specification 2.0A and B
• Fully compatible with ISO 11898-2 standard
• Jumper for 120 Ω terminal resistor
• 2500Vrms photo-isolation protection on CAN side
• In Modbus Slave mode, I-7530A-MR supports function code 0x03, 0x04, 0x06, & 0x10 of Modbus RTU command for reading or writing CAN message (Modbus Slave mode)
• Software configurable CAN and RS-232 /422/485 communication parameters
• Convert specific ASCII command string to CAN message (Normal mode)
• Web Configuration
The PLC, HMI and SCADA are popular in the various industrial control applications, but most of them don’t provide CAN interfaces. Users always experienced difficulties due to connecting the sensors or actuators which only have a CAN interface. The basic function of ICP DAS I-7530A-MR is compatible with I-7530A, and the “MR” stands for “Modbus RTU”.
The ICP DAS I-7530A-MR supports Modbus RTU protocol via the RS-232/422/485 port. Modbus RTU is popular and widely supported by most of the PLCs, HMIs, and SCADAs. I-7530A-MR is helpful to use standard Modbus RTU protocol to access CAN networks without difficulties. With the special designed firmware, beside normal received CAN message buffer, it offers special memory space to save up to 100 kinds of CAN messages which are urgent and must be processed immediately. The feature helps the PLC, HMI and SCADA to use Modbus RTU function code 3,4,16 to access CAN devices in a easy way.
In Modbus RTU mode, it allows a Modbus RTU master to communicate with CAN devices on a CAN network. The following figure shows the application architecture of this mode.