ECAN-240 Modbus to 2-port CAN Bus Gateway
- Fully compatible with the ISO 11898-2 standard
- Built-in DIP-switch to enable/disable the terminal resistor
- Two CAN bus interfaces with 9 pin D-sub connector
- Two rotary switches for selection of CAN bus Baud Rate
- CAN bus ID filter
- CAN bus bridge mode
- CAN bus listen only mode
- Modbus TCP Client/Server function
- CAN pair connection
- TCP/UDP to CAN transparent communication
- Web configuration
The IoT (Internet of Things) has been a much discussed topic in recent years. Using the IoT concept, it is easy to integrate the environment of heterogeneous network and let all of the things into be digitised making life more convenient. In order to provide additional access to IoT applications related to industry based on the CAN bus, ICPDAS has developed a new Ethernet product, the ECAN-240.
The ICP DAS ECAN-240 module is a Modbus TCP to 2-port CAN Bus Gateway. As its functionality, that provides communications via the Ethernet based on the Modbus TCP industrial protocol, which means that the module can be easily integrated with an industrial network. The ECAN-240 module includes two CAN bus interfaces, meaning that more various CAN applications can be supported, such as a CAN bridge or a CAN message router. The CAN message router function means that the ICP DAS ECAN-240 module can be used to connect to four different CAN networks, ensuring they can communicate with each other.