IEC850-211-S Modbus TCP to IEC-61850 Gateway
- Read/Write Modbus register via IEC-61850
- Maps Modbus registers to IEC-61850 data objects via utility automatically
- Supports Logical Node GGIO and Data Object Ind, IntIn, SPCSO, ISCSO
- Offers secure remote operations with a Select-Before-Operate feature
- Supports Modbus function code 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
- Allows up to 32 Modbus TCP server and 5 IEC-61850 MMS client connections
- Allows 9600 Modbus registers in total (includes coil, discrete inputs, input registers and hold registers)
- Provides ICD file via utility
IEC 61850 is an international standard defining communication protocols for intelligent electronic devices at electrical substations. It is developed by the International Electro-technical Commission’s (IEC) Technical Committee 57 reference architecture for electric power systems. The objective of the standard is to specify requirements and to provide a framework to achieve interoperability between the IEDs supplied from different suppliers. This protocol can run over TCP/IP networks or substation LANs using high speed switched Ethernet to obtain the necessary response times below four milliseconds for protective relaying.
The ICP DAS IEC850-211-S is a network gateway that allows IEC-61850 MMS client to access Modbus TCP network as a Modbus TCP client. IEC-61850 protocol is used in substation automation applications. The IEDs exchange information with other IEDs or SCADA via IEC-61850 protocol for protection and control devices. The ICP DAS IEC850-211-S support Logical Node GGIO and Data Object Ind, IntIn, SPCSO, ISCSO. It also support data set and unbuffered report function to exchange data with a client. The data mapping rule can be configured via ICPDAS Utility.