I-7520 Isolated RS-232 to RS-485 Converter
- Automatic RS-485 Direction Control
- ESD Protection for the RS-232/422/485 Data Line
- Power Input, +10 ~ +30 VDC
- 3000 VDC Isolation Protection on the RS-485 side
- Transmission Speed of up to 115200 bps
- Operating Temperatures, -25 °C ~ +75 °C
Most industrial computer systems provide standard RS-232 serial ports. Though widely accepted, RS-232 has limited transmission speed, range, and networking capabilities. The RS-485 standards overcome these limitations by using differential voltage lines for data and control signals, which transparently converts RS-232 signals into isolated RS-485 signal with no need to change any hardware or software. The ICP DAS I-7520 lets you easily build an industrial grade, long-distance communication system using standard PC hardware.
The design of the isolation between the ICP DAS I-7520/A and the ICP DAS I-7520R/AR is different. If the user wants to supply power from the PLC/PC, the ICP DAS I-7520R/AR should be used, otherwise the isolation will be broken.