GW-7828 Modbus RTU Slave to M-Bus Master Gateway
- Supports M-Bus standard: EN-13757, CJ/T -188
- Supports Modbus RTU function code 0x03 and 0x04 to read Meter data
- Baud rate: Adjustable by rotary switch from 300 to 115200 bps
- Supports up to 100 M-Bus slaves
- M-Bus over current protection
- Short-circuit protection on the M-Bus
- Update firmware from serial port
- Provides PWR, MTX and MRX 3 LED indicators
M-Bus (“Meter-Bus”) is a standard for remote reading of meters. It is usable for most types of consumption meters as well as for various sensors and actuators. The ICP DAS GW-7828 is specially designed for M-Bus slave devices. It offers Modbus RTU communication via three types of interface including RS-232, RS-422 and RS-485. On the hardware side, the ICP DAS GW-7828 has two rotary switches for serial port and M-Bus port baud rate.
This module supports Modbus RTU function code 0x03 and 0x04 to read data of M-Bus meters for easy communication with any standard M-Bus slave devices.
The ICP DAS GW-7828 module has been (proven) used in industrial applications such as electricity meter, heat meter and water meter readings.