GW-2222i Modbus/TCP to RTU/ASCII Gateway with 2-port Ethernet switch & 2 Isolated RS-232 Port
- Supports Modbus TCP/UDP master and slave
- Supports Modbus RTU/ASCII master and slave
- Max. TCP connections (masters) per serial port: 32
- Read-cache ensures faster Modbus TCP/UDP response
- Supports UDP responder for device discovery (UDP Search)
- Static IP or DHCP network configuration
- Easy firmware update via the Ethernet (BOOTP, TFTP)
- Built-in Web Server (HTTP)
- 2-port Ethernet Switch (LAN Bypass) for Daisy-Chain Wiring
- Includes redundant power inputs: PoE (IEEE 802.3af, Class 1) and DC supply
The ICP DAS GW-2200 series are Modbus TCP to RTU/ASCII gateways that enables a Modbus/TCP host to communicate with serial Modbus RTU/ASCII devices through an Ethernet network, and eliminates the cable length limitation of legacy serial communication devices. These modules can be used to create a pair-connection application (as well as serial-bridge or serial-tunnel application), and can then route data over TCP/IP between two serial Modbus RTU/ASCII devices, which is useful when connecting mainframe computers, servers or other serial devices that use Modbus RTU/ASCII protocols.
The ICP DAS GW-2200 modules features a powerful 32-bit MCU to enable efficient handling of network traffic, and also has a built-in web server that provides an intuitive web management interface that allows users to modify the configuration of the module, including the DHCP/Static IP, the gateway/mask settings and the serial port settings.
With 2 Ethernet ports, the GW-2200 series allows daisy chain connection which permits the flexibility in locating devices, eases installation and lowers infrastructure costs. The ICP DAS GW-2200 module offers true IEEE 802.3af-compliant (classification, Class 1) Power over Ethernet (PoE) functionality using a standard category 5 Ethernet cable to receive power from a PoE switch such as the ICP DAS NS-205PSE. If there is no PoE switch on site, the module will also accept power input from a DC Terminal Block.