DS-2215i Device Server with 2-port Ethernet Switch & 1 Isolated RS-422/485 Port
- Incorporates any RS-232 serial device in Ethernet
- Application Modes: Virtual COM, TCP Server, TCP Client
- Virtual COM for 32/64-bit Windows 7 SP1/10/2012/2016
- Data Packing Modes: Length, Delimiter, timeout, Char timeout
- Supports pair-connection (serial-bridge, serial-tunnel) applications
- Supports UDP responder for device discovery (UDP Search)
- Static IP or DHCP network configuration
- Built-in Web Server (HTTP)
- 2-port Ethernet Switch (LAN Bypass) for Daisy-Chain Wiring
- Includes redundant power inputs: PoE (IEEE 802.3af, Class 1) & DC supply
The ICP DAS DS-2200 is a series of Serial-to-Ethernet device servers designed to add Ethernet and Internet connectivity to any RS-232 device, and to eliminate the cable length limitation of legacy serial communication. By using the VxComm Driver/Utility, the built-in COM port of the ICP DAS DS-2200 series can be virtualised to a standard PC COM port in Windows. Therefore, users can transparently access or monitor serial devices over the Internet/Ethernet without software modification. These device servers comes with a utility that contains a built-in terminal program, so users can send/receive command/data via the terminal program for easy testing.
The ICP DAS DS-2200 features a powerful 32-bit MCU to enable efficient handling of network traffic. It also has a built-in web server that provides an intuitive web management interface to allow users to modify the settings of the module, including DHCP/Static IP, gateway/mask and serial ports.
With 2 Ethernet ports, the DS-2200 allows daisy chain connection which permits the flexibility in locating devices, eases installation and lowers infrastructure costs. The ICP DAS DS-2200 module offers true IEEE 802.3af-compliant (classification, Class 1) Power over Ethernet (PoE) functionality using a standard category 5 Ethernet cable to receive power from a PoE switch such as the ICP DAS NS-205PSE. If there is no PoE switch on site, the module will also accept power input from a DC Terminal Block.