tM-7520U Isolated RS-232 to RS-485 Converter
- 2-way 2500 VDC Isolation Protection
- ESD Protection for RS-485 Data Line
- Power Input, +10 ~ +30 VDC
- Low power consumption
- Long-cable application
- Power and data flow indicator for troubleshooting
- Easy-to-use rotary switch for baud rate setting, 1200 ~ 115200 bps
- Operating Temperatures, -25 °C ~ +75 °C
- Tiny packaging fits on your DIN-Rail
Most industrial computer systems provide standard RS-232 serial ports with limited transmission speed, range, and networking capabilities. The RS-485 standards overcome these limitations by using differential voltage lines for data and control signals. The ICP DAS tM-7520U transparently converts RS-232 signals into isolated RS-485 signal with no need to change any hardware or software. This allows you to easily build an industrial grade, long-distance communication system using standard PC hardware. The module provides 2500 VDC of optical isolation allowing you to separate and protect critical segments of the system from the rest of the RS-485 network.
The ICP DAS tM-7520U provides 2 modes of baud rate setting, a Self-Tuner mode and a Fixed baud rate mode. The Self-Tuner mode can support Multiple Baud Rate and Multiple Data Format. The Self-Tuner design is exactly the same as ICP DAS I-7520 series. The Fixed baud rate mode offers a better quality for data transmission over long or electrically noisy environments.